Laser Hair Removal
UNWANTED HAIR is a major cosmetic and surgical problem. Many temporary hair removal methods exist, including shaving, plucking, wax epilation, electronic tweezers, radio frequency tweezers, waxing, chemical depilatories (creams), and electrolysis (inserting a needle into each hair follicle one at a time followed by an electric spark to burn out the follicle). Most of these methods, however, are temporary. A topical cream called eflornithine can be applied to slow hair growth on the face in women, but must be used on a regular and ongoing basis. Lasers offer the only method for Permanent Hair Reduction. Unwanted hair growth may appear on many areas of the body including the Upper Lip, Sideburns, chin, ears, chest, back, armpits , legs, fingers, feet, or toes and is annoying for both men and women. Lasers help eliminate unwanted hair.
The primary principle behind laser hair removal is selective photothermolysis (SPTL).It's been proven that hair follicles can be damaged by selective photothermolysis. ). Lasers can cause localized damage by selectively heating dark target matter, (melanin), in the area that causes hair growth, (the follicle), while not heating the rest of the skin. Both men and women seek laser hair removal services to have superfluous or unwanted hair removed. Hair removal is commonly done on Lip, Chin, Ear Lobe, Shoulders, Back, Underarm, Abdomen, Buttocks, Pubic Area, Breasts, Brazilian Bikini, bikini lines, thighs, face, neck, chest, arms, legs, hands, and toes.
Although it's been in use since mid 1990s, Laser Hair Removal has become extremely popular only in the last couple of years. With the dramatic improvements made in the technology for the past couple of years, it's now safer, quicker, effective and comfortable to go through Laser Hair Removal Process. You may see significant hair reduction of up to 90% after four treatments on the target area.
Our Clinic located in Herndon Virginia, which is only few miles from Reston, Sterling, Ashburn, Chantilly, Fairfax, McLean, Santilli, South Riding, Leesburg, Falls Church, Arlington and Springfield.
To make an appointment please call us at 703-435-2448 or
email at email@example.com
New Look Day Spa & Laser is extremely pleased to offer you Syneron eMax featuring Elōs technology. eMax can treat all types of skin unlike its peers. It is the safest and the most effective laser available today. With a series of treatments designed for your skin and hair type, we can help permanently reduce unwanted hair on most areas of the body by disabling the hair follicles with light energy. All Laser equipments at New Look Day Spa & Laser are operated by a licensed practitioner specializing in Laser Hair Removal.
New Look Day Spa & Laser features Syneron eMax with elōs technology which is approved by FDA for Permanent Hair Reduction. We are committed to offering our patients with the most effective, safest and advanced technology for laser hair removal at an affordable, reasonable and the most competitive price.
Unlike the other systems which cater to only specific skin tones and hair types, Syneron eMax we use at New Look has the elōs technology which combines IPL and Radio Frequency technologies in order to provide our clients with the most effective and safe option for laser hair removal on the lightest to darkest skin tones or hair types.
elōs is the first and only technology that simultaneously harnesses the power of bi-polar radio frequency (RF) and optical energy (either laser or light).
Syneron Laser Systems powered by elōs have set an industry benchmark with an unprecedented precision and safety.
Syneron eMax is the most effective and safest laser system on the market today.
The Syneron eMaxeffectively treats all skin types, including TANNED SKIN and DARK or AFRICAN AMERICAN skin types, offering unmatched treatment capabilities in PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL, LEG VEINS, ANE, SKIN REJUVINATION, WRINKLES and SKIN TIGHTENING
How it works?
Using revolutionary elōs Technology , Syneron eMax system first preheat the target Laser Hair removal using optical energy using optical energy, which creates a thermal path on which the radio frequency (RF) travels. RF is delivered directly to the hair follicle, which can not conduct RF. The build up of current density results in 4x heat coefficient thermal transfer. Under 80X magnification, distinct peri-follicular coagulation or bleaching is evident. The hair follicle is terminally disabled and denatured.
Results using conventional optical only systems are limited because they operate indirectly by superheating the melanin in the hair shaft and hoping for enough collateral thermal damage. Syneron Systems don't waste time splitting hairs, they achieve superior results because they precisely target and destroy the hair follicle through a process known as Vortex heating.
The elōs Difference
- RF, a highly controllable energy heat source, works synergistically with optical energy
- Enables use of light energy at a level that is safe for all skin types (less optical energy compared to conventional lasers and IPLs)
- Poses no additional risk to the epidermis
- Precisely targets areas "preheated" by optical energy and avoids cool areas
- Provides enhanced penetration for improved treatment results
State-of-Art Safety Features
- Chilled contact cooling of the sapphire treatment tip helps direct RF energy deeper into the dermis (maximizes efficacy) and away from the epidermis (maximizes safety)
- Active Dermal Monitoring™ provides "real time" temperature feedback with each pulse
- Contact check prevents energy pulse if RF electrodes are not coupled
- Numeric impedance measurement guides practitioner to treatment zone (10-20%)
- Safe and effective industry-leading medical aesthetic technology
- Significantly less energy required compared to conventional lasers and IPLs
- Features Active Dermal Monitoring™ and electrode contact check
Minimal to no downtime
- Most people experience no side effects, though a few may exhibit some short-term local reddening
elōs advantages translate to enhanced comfort, convenience, & satisfaction
Unwanted body hair is safely removed without damaging the delicate pores and structures of the skin. Facial and bikini areas are usually less time consuming than legs, backs and other larger areas. The root of the hair is targeted so specifically that it not only eliminates very dark and coarse hair, but it is the most effective technology for the removal of fine hair and even hair with a light color. The Syneron eMax are significantly faster and more effective than older laser hair removal technology. These lasers use an 18mm spot size (about the size of a quarter), while older laser technology uses a much smaller spot size. The larger spot size, coupled with more hertz, means that large areas can be treated at one time making laser hair removal cost-effective and faster than other systems. Since hair cycles as it grows, repeated treatments are necessary to destroy about 90 percent of the hairs.
The Syneron's eMax is a fast, gentle way to remove unwanted hair, with great results. It applies precisely controlled pulses of energy (radio frequency and light, with cooling), reaching into the hair follicles that lie beneath the skin. The energy heats the hair, right down to the bottom of the root, destroying it without damaging surrounding tissue or skin.
The eMax enables our technicians to customize the treatment to exactly match your hair and skin color type. It works even for colorless hair. eMax is based on a unique technology, called ELOS, which utilizes the synergy of Bi-Polar Radio Frequency energy and Broad Band Light energy to treat more gently and effectively than any other single energy system. At the end of the treatment program you can expect your skin to remain smooth.
The New Look Day Spa & Laser Advantage
ree Consultation:Patients interested in laser hair removal are requested to contact us and take an appointment for free consultation. We will make an assessment of your
- Skin type (i.e., ability to tan or to burn)
- Hair color
- Thickness and location of hair
- Presence of tan
- Previous hair removal methods
- Medical history including ovarian or thyroid disease, medications, history of abnormal scarring, history of cold sore (herpes simplex) outbreaks in the treatment area, or past isotretinoin use
- Presence of tattoos or moles in the treatment area
After the pre-evaluation, we determine an appropriate laser and treatment settings. Reliable:We are committed to providing you with advice and information you can rely on.
- Before treatment, patients are advised to avoid tanning and sunless tanners prior to 4-6 Weeks.
- Broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreens with SPF 15 or higher should be used.
- No plucking, waxing, or electrolysis should be done, although shaving or depilatory creams can be used.
- The site to be treated may be shaved one to two days prior to laser treatment
- Be sure that the treatment area is fully washed off and has no makeup, medication etc.
- Be certain that you are not on medications such as Accutane, Retin-A, Gold Therapy etc, at present or within the past 6 months. These medications, and several others, can make your skin susceptible to damage from the laser. If in doubt, please ask us for a list of the said medications.
- Laser treatments for hair are not recommended if you are pregnant.
On the day of treatment
The laser pulses feel like the snapping of a rubber band or warm pinpricks against the skin. Ideally, the immediate response is vaporization of the hair shaft. Slight swelling and redness around the hair follicles may appear within a few minutes. Ice packs may be applied to the skin following treatment, and over-the-counter pain relief medicine may be taken as needed before and after treatment. If localized blistering occurs, a topical antibiotic ointment may be applied once or twice daily until healed. A mild topical steroid cream may be applied to reduce swelling and redness. Patients are instructed to avoid sun-exposure and to use a broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with SPF 30 after the laser treatments. Cosmetics may be applied to the treated skin.
Side effects of laser hair removal treatments may include pain, perifollicular edema (swelling around the hair follicle due to excessive fluid), and erythema (redness and inflammation) lasting one to three days. Blistering, herpes simplex outbreaks, and bacterial infections also can occur. Temporary skin lightening or darkening, especially in darker skin types, or in patients with a recent tan, may be seen. Permanent skin pigment change or scarring is very rare. Loss of freckles or lightening of moles in the treatment area may occur, as well as darkening or lightening of tattoos.
- Avoid bathing or washing with very hot water, Use tepid water. Wash gently. Keep the area clean.
- Do not shave the treated area for at least 4 days after treatment.
- Avoid any irritating medications or chemicals. Examples of these are Retin-A, Benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid or astringents.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 3 weeks after treatment. Protect the area with a sunscreen of higher than 30 SPF or else the skin may develop hyper-pigmentation /hypo-pigmentation marks.
- The treated area may become pink, red, inflamed, or even blistered within 30 minutes and in rare instances last several hours to several days. Regular application of ice, cooling gels, Hydrocortisone or Neosporin is important for relief.
- Do not wax, pluck, thread or use depilatories for the hair that grows back.
- After laser treatment, hair may continue to grow out as if it were never treated. Typically this will occur for about 2-3 weeks and then those treated hair will simply begin to fall out.
- Generally it is best to wait 4-6 weeks between treatments. There is no advantage to scheduling your visits closer together even if you do not see immediate results. The laser only targets hair in the growth phase. The next growth phase is generally in 4-6 weeks.